Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Highlights


FRIDAY: We spent Friday and Saturday at sea and we were grateful for the time to relax and rest up from our adventures on land. One of the things I really enjoyed about the cruise was that I actually came back more rested than when I left. That's rare for a vacation.

We were blessed to meet some really great people on board. Our favorites were the people we got to see every day who were working so hard. The picture above is of our Assistant Waiter, Enebis, and our Waiter, Dickson. They were great fun to talk to every day.


Our Cabin Steward's name was Steve and he really made the trip for us. I'm not sure if people realize how hard these guys work. Life on board a cruise ship is not fun and games. It's late nights and early mornings and not many breaks in between. All of the workers we met were full of joy and smiles.

So, Friday's highlight? Easy. LOBSTER! Dickson, always on the ball, brought me my second lobster tail before I was finished with my first. The food was very good almost every night, but lobster night was easily my favorite.

Moral of the day: The most important person at your job is often the person who makes the least money.

5 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

You know they'll bring you a 3rd lobster tail if you ask...LOL...I'm just saying...!

On the first formal night, my mom loved the creme brulee so much that our head waiter set enough aside for us to have it the rest of the week. Heads were turning at our neighboring tables.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Brady said...

It's true, those folks make very little money and they work extremely hard. I'm sure that they are not always treated with grace.

BTW, my Word Verification is OCEMO. Which, in some ways, makes me think of a cruise.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger The Weaver's said...

We thought it was cool how Lobster night was also the night before you left tips for everyone. Those waiters are not just hard working. They are smart too.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Our waiters and steward were fantastic. I agree - without them, our cruise wouldn't have been the fantastic time it was.

A friend of ours brought home the waiter name thingy from their table. It says, "Your waiter's name is Jesus C. It is my pleasure to serve you." Jesus said that he had a hard time keeping them on the tables; they kept disappearing.

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish we could get lobster here on the West Coast at the East Coast prices! I hear it is ridiculously low there due to the heavy supply, and other economic factors. Not so good for the suppliers (fishermen) but great for the consumers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters