Thursday, November 06, 2008

Oh, Have I Mentioned...?

Back during the several months that I was paid a stipend for preaching, I socked much of it away to help pay for something special. Next week, my wife will be rewarded for putting up with me during 10 years of marriage with a cruise to Mexico. Part of her reward is that I will be going along as well. A bit of a paradox, isn't it?

We will be leaving Sunday with our good friends, Kevin and Marla. We will stop in Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlan. We will all snorkel together one day. Another day, Lisa and I will get to take some zip lines over the jungle. There will be much eating and relaxing and very little school work.

The actual school week next week is only Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday...so I am actually going to take a week off and miss only three days of work. Upon return, I will have a week of work and then another week off for Thanksgiving. Then three more weeks and three weeks off for Christmas. I've been working very (VERY) hard lately, so I'm not feeling the least bit guilty about all that. Seriously. Not the teensiest little bit.

I doubt if I'll be blogging much from the big boat. But I'll catch up when we get back.

Vaya con Dios!

6 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Mayor of Blakersfield said...

I have been to both Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. Both cities are great and beautiful and everyone there was very nice. Enjoy it Steve!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Hey! Didn't you already go on a cruise this year? Man....I'm jealous. But have a great time and take lots of pictures!

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

"Love, exciting and new.
On the Love Boat - something for everyone."

Due to T.S. Fay, we lost all of our days (except the Thurs.,Fri. of Thanksgiving) off all the way up to Dec.23rd. We have a Cruise Terminal just 10 miles from our home and yet, we've never been on a cruise.

The snorkeling sounds cool. Enjoy.

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

STeve - WHERE ARE YOU? You HAVE to BLOG. WAKE UP...it's time to BLOG!! Cruise is No excuse - you CAN do it! Give us photos...we must had Steve-blog, or we die.

Steve...
STEVE?????

(Do I hear the sounds of seagulls?)

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Good for you and Lisa. Don't go near a keyboard, unless you don't have to.

Have fun!!!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh man! We just got home yesterday from doing the same cruise! Were you on Royal Caribbean's Vision of the Seas? We probably passed you coming and going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters