Monday, February 02, 2009

Super Monday

I wasn't planning on watching the game. I figured I'd turn it on and do some reading. But it was captivating. I'm a baseball guy of course, but I enjoyed every minute of this, the first football game I'd seen all season.

My only problem came at the very end. As he was signing off, Bob Costas (who should know better), said something to the effect that the Steelers' 6 championships made them the greatest team in all of professional sports.

Really?

I mean, I'm the furthest thing from a Yankees fan, but they have 26...count 'em...26 world championships. 26 is more than 6. I'm just sayin'.

5 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger The Weaver's said...

Bob Costas. What a smacktard.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I'll give Pittsburgh their due but like your comment about the Yankees, what about the basketball's Boston Celtics who won 11 World Championships from 1957 to 1969 or in other words, in 13 seasons they won 11 of them. 17 in all since 1957 with the latest coming last year.

How about this for the "Word Verification" - grade

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

Is there any mathematical whatever that allows one to compare football to baseball?

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah...that's apples and oranges. Or tangerines and plums...or.....
I LIKE Bob Costas. I DON'T like John Madden. The best football championships had everything to do with the 49'ers...ususally before, like the playoffs...like..."The Catch" Can't compare baseball to football. And NO ONE compares to HOCKEY!!! (My W.V. is venzin...it's Italian)(Now, it's MIDER)

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

.........it was just something to say at the moment, with the adrenaline pumping..............newscasters, sportscasters, etc.!! I always wonder about those that shove a microphone in somebody's face that, say, just got rescued from a plane that landed in a river and say, "How do you feel?" :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters