Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Gospel of Luke

Tonight I'm starting my class on Luke. I'm excited about the prospect of spending an entire semester on a single gospel.

I have three commentaries that I'm reading for the class. I've read about 450 pages already, trying to get a head start. I will have to read an additional book, once I decide what I will be writing my paper about. I'm leaning towards the role women play in this gospel.

I'm sure there will come a period during the semester when I'm crunched for time, but I've been able to stay on top of things so far. And, since this course will be taught by the same professor who taught the class on the church that I took last semester, I'm confident it will be excellent.

2 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

Several years ago I preached through Luke. Took me 2-1/2 years, but we went through it as if we'd never heard any of the stories ... allowing ourselves to be surprised. It literally changed the spirit and heart of our church ... for the better!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the book of Luke. It just seems so special for the way he said things. He's someone I really want to have a conversation with in heaven...he was a doctor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters