Monday, March 02, 2009

A Thought Per Day: 3/1 - 3/7

Sunday: I turned in (and got back!) my first assignment for Biblical Interpretation. So far so good. My next goal is to do a word study of "silent," especially in terms of Paul's instruction that women should remain silent. Should be interesting.

Monday: No new assignments for Bib. Interp. means more time to spend on my Luke class this week. I've gotten approval for my Major Project so I've started thinking in terms of that. In a nutshell, I am going to write about some of the women on whom Luke focuses and include a lesson plan for a class on each. The emphasis will be on one major theme, Jesus' inclusion of the marginalized, and one minor theme that will be specific to each woman. I'll share more on that as it develops.

Tuesday: The computer guy is coming over to tell me (hopefully) why my desktop keeps shutting down at incredibly inopportune moments. Stop yelling "Mac!" at me. I can't afford anything new right now.

Wednesday: LOST! 2nd best show ever? I feel a bloglist coming on.

Thursday: Jim and I sit with our backs to the clock at the seminary. We're amazed when it's already breaktime...and when class is over. Time flies when you're learning Biblical truths you never knew.

Friday: I sold my original Watchmen comics to fund my trip in 2000 to the East Coast. It was worth it, but I daresay I could get more for them now. I never thought it was possible to make a movie out of the graphic novel which Time Magazine rated as one of the top 100 books since 1923. We'll find out this weekend.

Saturday: Sleep?

4 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Bless your heart! Good luck with that sleeping in thing! :)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Looking forward to the results of your "Monday work."

I still remember Dr. Carroll Osburn doing a class on Churches of Christ and Women at the Pepperdine Bible Lectures. As he started he said, "In some ways, I'd rather swallow a great big bug than what I'm about to do." :)

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

I'm ashamed to say I have a brand new (purchased last Thursday) Mac desktop sitting in the box in my garage. I'm still using a PC when I have a Mac. I may be beyond hope.

Many years ago, Dr. Oliver Howard did a marvelous three-class series on this topic at Pepperdine. He is preacher turned practicing lawyer, but has a Ph.D. from Hebrew Union and a Masters in Patristic Greek. I wish I could get that material to you but I have no idea where I put it and it's been two moves ago.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried out the new Mac at the Mac store, at son-in-law's insistance, and I liked it. I still can't figure out why a Mac is a "Mac" but everything else is a "PC"...they're all "personal computers". (Isn't that what PC means, or am I computer-illiterate)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters