Thursday, March 13, 2008

Self-Esteem

2008 is now officially the year of the fat face.

My 43-year-old jowls and cheeks have certainly been growing out of proportion to the rest of my face for some time now, but the picture I saw of myself yesterday is the final proof: I have a fat face.

As much as we try to promote positive self-esteem with our students...often to the point of political correctness outweighing truthiness...sometimes we mid-lifers forget the facts also apply to us. To wit:

We are created in the image of God.

His love is unconditional.

Man looks at the surface but God looks at the heart.

So while I could sit here and list a dozen things I really don't like about myself, all I would accomplish is offending my Creator. It's easier, and better, to turn the picture over...count my many blessings...and grade these tests.

5 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Brady said...

My forehead is getting way bigger and I don't like that at all.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Since my foray into Weight Watchers, my neck seems to be getting longer.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

No picture?? I'm growing a new face on the crown of my head!

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God also made plastic surgeons!

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

A fat face is better than a fat head!

With me, the timeliness of the need to drag out the hair color (especially around the edges) is coming sooner and sooner. Pretty soon, I'll have to just carry it in my purse.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters