Monday, February 04, 2008

The Latest Revelation

James and I had (mostly) fun while Lisa was away this weekend. Lego Star Wars may be the greatest father-son video game ever made. We missed Mommy but had our usual fun. I'm happy to say that my boy has overcome many of the behavioral obstacles that had been plaguing him recently. He's not perfect, never will be, but he's such a great kid and he tries so hard. I'm very, very proud of him.

I know I just quoted him a few days ago, but James made another discovery yesterday while watching "Go, Diego, Go!"

"Daddy! Did you know there's a bird made entirely of turkey?"

"Yeah, dude. I knew that."

"The turkey bird."

"That's the one."

Good stuff. Even better, someday I'll be able to remind him that we watched the Patriots end their season 18-1 together. Great game. Great weekend.

5 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Meowmix said...

This is precious time.............

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Josh Stump said...

That was a great game. And a great observation. Wait until he hears about Chickens!! My 4 year old gets turkey and chicken, but just can not wrap his brain around that God made cows out of beef. "But if they are made of steak, why don't they want to eat each other?" I've often wondered the same thing. Of course the answer is simpler than it seems at first. Cows can't cook and you just don't want to eat raw beef.

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Brady said...

I've got to get me one of the 100% turkey birds.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ha, Ha, Ha!

In the immortal words of Homer, upon learning that ham, bacon and sausage come from the same animal, "sure Lisa, like there's some magical animal . . ."

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Steve:

Hey got your comment on the blog...i agree...the first step is always the hardest!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters