Tuesday, January 29, 2008

ZOE Fallout

It was such joy to see all of our ZOE friends this weekend...coughs, colds, flu, cancelled and delayed flights aside. I didn't get nearly enough time to catch up with them, but the moments we had were wonderful.

It was a treat to meet Josh and Tanya, even if I crossed up all kinds of signals about getting together for lunch on Sunday. (Josh, I just found out last night that you guys went to class after church, (duh) and that's why I couldn't find you...and probably why you couldn't find me. As the kids say, my bad.) I also got to chat up young Andy Power and talk about his big brother. All in all, ZOE weekends always remind me of heaven...except in heaven we'll have all the time we need to catch up and build eternal relationships.

Randy Harris' class knocked me flat. All my plans for last night's Adult Education meeting with the elders went right out the window as he challenged us toward real discipleship. It must be nice to be able to fly in somewhere, mess everything up with the bold truth, and then fly back out. I gotta get me a gig like that.

The weekend also featured one of the greatest examples in my life of God supplying a very real, very obvious answer to prayer. More on that another time.

2 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy Harris is awesome! I also enjoyed Randy Gill leading Zoe in singing on Sunday. (Has anyone checked the church roof to see if it's still attached?)

The Zoe Conference is always such a joyful inspiration. We are so blessed by this event.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Josh Stump said...

Yeah, sorry we got our signals crossed, it would have been good to have the extra time. The conference was great. It may become an annual trip for us, though next time we will definitely fly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters