Monday, January 07, 2008

Bloglessness

I really didn't go into vacation time with the intention of ignoring my blog. As I've said before, vacation time has a life of its own. I have more time to blog, but less desire. Today I'm back at work and life is far more structured again. And yet the two words that come to mind most quickly are "malaise" and "ennui."

There's nothing really wrong...I'm not beset by large amounts of depression or anything like that. It's just that my attitude towards life right now can best be summed up like this:

Eh.

But, just to fill in the blanks a little, here's a quick recap of the last few weeks.

Christmas was nice. My mother-in-law and her new hubby enjoyed breakfast and gift-unwrapping with us. My father-in-law came over a bit later. My side of the family does their own thing on Christmas morning so we didn't get to see them until that night. Among James' favorite presents were a rock tumbler (thousands of years of eroding in just a few weeks!) and a Lego Star Wars game for the Playstation. He and daddy have already enjoyed quite a few hours of gaming together.

The day after Christmas, I saw "Charlie Wilson's War" with my brother. Movie: good. Huge dent in the Mustang left by oblivious dude in the parking lot: bad. Fortunately I was IN the car when it was hit, so I got said dude's info. The people at my body shop know me by name.

Two days after Christmas I had my top two wisdom teeth removed. I don't remember much of that day, although my wife assures me that I was extremely nice to the nursing staff. I don't really want to pursue that.

This weekend I've had a nasty cold and had to back out of my responsibilities at church. I really hated doing that. I get so much joy in my work there, and I hate leaving people in the lurch. But coughing through a lesson isn't really my bag either.

This week, I'll be preaching on Luke 4: 31-41. Spending time in the Word should be an excellent antidote for malaise and ennui.

8 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Welcome back. Sorry about the Mustang's "owie," and about your nasty cold. We have a couple of those at my house, too. (Nasty colds, not Mustangs.) Glad your Christmas was good and that vacation was good. Now, as someone we all know and love would say, "get back to work (or blogging!" :)

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Your “Dude” comment reminds me of the latest commercial with sports commentator Joe Buck. Are you sure my math bro that you’re not part magnet when it comes to cars? That is, cars hitting you or objects that you sleep in or occupy. Glad to see you back in blog world.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Talk about MY kids being grown - what happened to that BABY you and Lisa just had? What's up with THAT?!!

Feel better...and sorry to hear about the Stang. That stinks. We're about to let a 16yo drive our Stang regularly. 16yo girl and a V8. I'm thinking it's NOT a good combo!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

I did miss you and I also had dirty thoughts about your abandoning the blog world. Am I supposed to do that?

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hear the malaise and ennui is better freshly caught (and picked) with a light chicken gravy.

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, it's the "real thing' - homemade chicken soup...my grandmother's penicillin!

You have a 'stang"?? Wow...what year?

Who did what to whom...and was your brother driving? And was the movie good??

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Brady said...

What's the deal using them there feren words? C'est incompréhesible!

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Msr. Brady...je suis une femme tres magnifique, mais mon (ma?) francaise est mal...

(Now you can correct the above sentence! It's been a LONG time since I studied French for 4 years)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters