Friday, January 11, 2008

2008

After writing our traditional Christmas letter, wrapping up all Thurman-related events from the past year, I was struck by this singular thought: Man, I'm glad 2007 is over. It's not that it was a horrible year. But it was very "Bleh." 2008 carries far more promise. Reasons follow.

1. Travel, travel, travel! The big trips of last year were Pismo, Monterey, and Cambria. See a trend there? This year's vacation spots will also have an ocean theme, but are a tad more exciting. In May, Lisa and I will spend a week in Maui. I understand it's very nice there. She earned the trip through very hard work and I will be enjoying the benefits of it. As usual, CM will be treating us like royalty while we are there, putting us up in luxurious accomodations and treating us to snorkeling and hiking expeditions, all the while showering us with gifts. That all sounds sarcastic, but it's actually not. They do things up right.

This summer (probably...we're thinking about possibly saving this for the Thanksgiving holiday) the family will be traveling to San Diego. We have never been there and many of our friends have told us what a great time they've had. So we'll be experiencing the joy of Lego Land, Sea World, etc. The advantage to going during summer is that we may get to see a Padres game while there, the only ballpark in California I haven't visited. The advantage to going in November is far lighter crowds.

2. 10 years! This year, Lisa and I will celebrate our tenth anniversary. I have some plans here that will remain private for the nonce.

3. Movies! I can't wait to see "Coverfield" next weekend. Word is that it's the best monster movie to come along in a good, long while. The Star Trek trailer preceding it has me pretty excited too. In May, we'll have Iron Man and Indy. Harry Potter VI will be along towards the end of the year. And if you haven't seen the trailer for "Dark Knight," what are you doing on this website?? The Joker looks like just the right amount of creepy.

4. Baseball! Marty McFly gave me a sports almanac for 2008. The Angels go all the way this year.

5. A New School Year! 'Cause this one........not so much.

6-10. ? Every new year carries with it so much possibility. I really feel like this year might see the beginning of some exciting transitions. I am looking into some things and I think God has His hand all over them. Obviously, I'll be sharing them as they develop. For now, I'm praying and watching the doors to see when they open.

I have high hopes for the Christmas letter this year. And this blog may actually get interesting at times. Imagine that!

4 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Any guy who has private plans to celebrate his anniversary AND is looking forward to a monster movie is OK in my book! Sounds like an exciting year for you and your family. Hope all your dreams come true. :)

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Plans look good but why waste a trip to Maui when you could come to Cocoa Beach! Just ask Randy how much fun Cocoa Beach can be even without Major Nelson and his Genie.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

You have an open invitation to spend a night or two with us on your way down to San Diego ... we're only about an hour from downtown SD. Or you can stay and spare yourself the expense of motels. Don't have a swimming pool, but I can give you a ride on our body lift at the funeral home!!! Now THAT'S something your family has never done!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

P.S. I forgot to mention the added attraction of the psycho-puppy!! San Diego simply cannot offer anything to compare with Chipper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters