Tuesday, November 22, 2005

How'd You Become King Then?


"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I'm your king!"



My Monty Python appetite doesn't get fed very often these days. Lisa, like most women, hates it. And Python's no fun if you can't watch it with someone, madly quoting lines as you go.


"Yes, well that's just the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage. You sit around on your loathsome, spotty behinds, squeezing blackheads, not caring a tinker's cuss for the poor struggling artist."


So, help me out. If you're into it at all...what's your favorite bit, favorite line, favorite skit? I love it all so just bring it: Cheese sketch...Knights who say "Ni!"...The Argument...taunting French knights...The Fish Dance (a personal fave)...The Dead Parrot. I can't narrow it down. Can you?



"Raymond Luxury Yacht?"

"Ah, no, it's spelled 'Luxury Yacht', but it's pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove."



Sorry, honey. I just need some Python time.

11 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

"Look, strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. Look, if I went 'round saying I was Emperor just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."

Sorry, had to get that off my chest too. Phew!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Randy, that's the hardest I've laughed reading a reply in...ever. I can't tell you how many times as a math teacher I've had occasion to say, "Five is RIGHT OUT!"

Trivia question: who is the only character to appear in all 4 Python films?

No, it's not owqszuo.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Unfortunately I didn’t get into Monty.
Can I quote Mel Brooks instead?
“We don’t need no stinking badges!”
Nor do we need any dwkhwaa!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Different strokes, mathbro. But remember: "That's Frahnken-steeeen!"

fwuvfo (counting backwards from 5 under anasthesia)

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Steve, I must be a freak (well, I did hang out with band geeks and Eagle Scouts) - I used to be able to quote the ENTIRE Spam sketch. "Shut up, shut up, I hate Vikings!" And now for something completely different--a message from Rick: "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose...If we took the bones out it woudn't be crunchy now, would it?"

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Wendy: Don't make a fuss, dear. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam, and spam.

Rick: I love you.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Brady said...

I'm not dead yet…

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Oh, shut up, you'll be stone cold in a minute.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Baked beans are off!

Rick says he loves you too, Bruce.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Wendy: Can I have spam instead?

Rick: Is your name not Bruce? That's gonna cause a bit of confusion. Mind if we call you Bruce just to keep things cleah?

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Have you seen the Lego people singing and dancing the Knights of the Round Table. It's a keeper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters