Friday, November 11, 2005

I Come From A Broken Home

That's my new line. Like it?

I called the Jury Commissioner's Office yesterday to see if I could get my jury duty postponed. I was supposed to report on Monday, but things are a little crazy. She asked for my badge number from my summons and I told her it got run over. She asked why it was in the street and I said, "It wasn't. It was on my refrigerator." Gotta have a little fun with this, right?

We are probably going to be out of the house the rest of the weekend. The blowers are on to try and dry up the water damage and so there are glass filaments and insulation in the air. Not so good to breathe. So we should be at Mom's a few more days. But they tell us we should have a wall back in a week or so. I think the kitchen may take longer than originally thought. Upon closer inspection there is a lot more damage. The car threw some pretty heavy things around and they gouged holes all over the place. But the cleaning crews and construction guys have been great. They all walk around agape at the whole thing (that's the goggling-eye, slack-jawed agape...not the three-syllable Greek kind). I got a bit of a shock when I pulled in from work yesterday and saw my bookcase in the garage. I'm very protective of my books and realized that a stranger had packed them up. Lisa assured me that he not only took great care of them, but packed them in alphabetical order for my easy return to the proper shelves.

You don't really appreciate the damage until you see it. But Blogger doesn't want me posting pictures right now so stay tuned.

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Feel free to utter the word "rqdja" if you hear any of the sub-contractors mention the phrase "2 weeks" (Tom Hanks and the "Money Pit")when giving you a time line concerning your kitchen.
rqdja (curse reserved for contractors)
blzefm (Favorite radio (BLZE FM) of the word verification)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Brady said...

I know you guys are hanging in there. Sorry to hear about your car. jwkkerun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters