Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Hey, There's A Car In My House!




Blogger is healthy again! Now you can finally see the awesome spectacle of a car sticking out of my kitchen! This is a gold Toyota Corolla for those of you scoring at home. Isn't it nice to see just how sturdy the outer walls of your house really are?








Here's a summary in case you can't make this all out. That's the sink over there in front of the oven. The dishwasher is clearly visible to the right in front of the pantry. And everything is nicely lit by the headlights of the still-running Corolla. They make 'em sturdy in Japan!






Here's a close-up of the menacing headlight of the fearsome automobile! See the island that has been pushed off it's foundations? We're really glad it was there. Otherwise, the car would have gone straight out the back of the house. What fun! Directly to the right of the beaming headlight is the cabinet that is full of my pintglass collection. Few survived to tell the tale.



All kidding aside, it really sucks when a car slams through your house. I don't recommend it to anyone. Maybe for an encore I'll take some pictures of my poor car so you can see how banged up it is too. And you should see some of the shots Lisa took the next morning looking out through the gaping hole in the wall. It gives a whole new meaning to the term "open house."


9 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Rick looked at the pictures, noted the location of the fridge and pantry, and commented that your Pepsis were probably still OK.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Amazing what you can do with a little knowledge and Photoshop. I mean, the car actually looked like it was IN YOUR KITCHEN.

Glad you're safe. BTW, what is a pint glass? qiijky

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Brady said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Brady, while my giftedness in Photoshop is world-renowned, these pictures are old school: unretouched, the real deal. Oh, and a pint glass is a glass that holds a pint of liquid, usually beer or ale although I, of course, do not indulge in such things.

I prefer tequila.

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(turn on Scottish accent) Aye, the pint glass is nothing more than a wee little glass! (turn off Scottish accent)

Personally, I've always enjoyed a nice refreshing pint of haxdzak.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

I noticed a distinct lack of "My Child Is an Honors Student..." bumper stickers in picture #1.

gqrrum (something to put in a pint glass?)

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

You can't deny being a "CoC Preacher." You even have a clock above your indoor car. Any chance you could salvage the car's headlights for (race)track lighting? Hang in there my math brother.
syedsoh (2 distinct noises made by Ed.)

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger tonymyles said...

Whoa... that's amazing! It also causes me to wonder if I should sit down when next to the wall closest to the street.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters