Saturday, November 12, 2005

Teenagers and Toyotas

Last night as I was driving home (what there is of it) from Baja Fresh, Tres Tacos nestled firmly into the seat next to me, an 18-year old in a Camry slammed into the back of my Saturn.

Did I mention that my car was parked on the street and took a hit from the Corolla that rammed into my kitchen a few nights ago? Hey, at least the 18-year old had a license. But the teenager/Toyota coalition seems to have it in for me this week. I'm running scared.

The kid was very apologetic. He followed me off the road and exchanged info with me. He had no idea what to do and followed my lead. He busted a front light and the right/rear bumper of my car was ripped loose. Recently I described the life of my poor Saturn thusly:

"Ow...Ow...Hey, where am I? Who are you? Ow...Ow."

But it's still getting me where I need to go.

No progress on the house to report. The blowers are still going full blast, trying to dry up all the water damage. No progress on Blogger either; I still can't post pictures. But they're worth the wait.

I have to drive to Hanford tonight. Please pray for the streets to be clear of teenagers and Toyotas. Sheesh.

3 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

My Math Brother, what am I going to do with you? I still want to meet you sometime in the future when all of this bad karma, I mean when we can figure out a time.

Man, I've known some people to have a string of bad luck (like the state of Florida vs. South Carolina - Gators lose to South Carolina and my Seminoles lose to Clemson) but your string is quickly becoming a cable!

Seriously, I will keep you and the family in my prayers as you deal with contractors and insurance folks.
znsoa (a belief that Sammy Sosa really didn't know that his "B.P. bat was corked) (ZN-Soa)

All you need now is an infestation of mosquitoes and you're a Floridian through and through.

Hang in there Bro.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Larry said...

Have you considered moving into a remote cave somewhere a l-----o-----n-----g distance away from teenagers?

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Steve, I think that we have something in common - our cars aren't worth enough, and people can't actually *see* them. I learned to pretend that everyone has it in for my car. This level of paranoia has kept me relatively accident-free, but is hardly foolproof (they just build a better fool.)

Also, I think someone really, really didn't want you to have a "positive" week.

rhdxac (a new teenager-in Toyota repellant?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters