Friday, July 01, 2005

Posting A Picture


Oh, okay. I'm not all that technologically incapable. I realize this isn't the "mohawk picture" of me. If you want that, fly over to Sandra's site...or wait a day or two for me to get the one that Lisa took of me after we got the red out. I promise, I'll try to get it up here.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this picture of me, pre-mohawk, flying over the earth.




I realize that picture doesn't really do me justice, but I kind of like the way the sun is gleaming off my cape.

In other news, VBS came to a successful end last night. The other "actors" and I had fun signing autographs for the kids in the playground afterwards. It was so sweet to see how shy and sincere they were about having us sign the backs of their nametags. I debated about whether to sign my real name or go with my first instinct and sign everything "Turd Furgeson." In the end, a semblance of sanity won out and I signed them all "Pvt. Davey" and added "Go, dude!" to many of them. I'm still having trouble shaking off the surfer accent after 4 straight days of it. It started out on Monday as Jeff Spicolli from "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" and by Thursday was just a straight Bill from "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure." Scary. I almost drove home to San Dimas last night. Whoa!

I'll look for that other picture. Surf's up. Rock on.

4 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

I probably should have waited and let you post your own picture, but I couldn't resist. (and I really didn't think you would!)

However, the one you posted I don't have, so it's good to let the bloggers see that side of you!

V.B.S. was good. I'm glad it's over.

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Hey, that's MY picture on your blog...

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your comment about Blue Like Jazz. One of our summer interns read an excerpt from it in our Wednesday night class on "Contagious Christianity".

I'm ticked off because the library doesn't have a copy and I will probably have to BUY it! :-)

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been working out?

You look smashing in the leotards. That's the thing about Doug and VBS it usually involves leotards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters