Thursday, June 30, 2005

Picture? What Picture?

All of you who are relentlessly calling for a picture of the mohawk are forgetting one thing. Maybe we didn't even TAKE a picture...!

Yeah, okay, my wife works for Creative Memories. Of COURSE there are pictures. But I'm not very technologically savvy, so I don't know how to post them to this site.

Sorry.

No can do.

Tonight is the last (and longest) night of VBS. After it's over, almost everyone will stay until midnight or so and clean everything up, tear down all the stuff in the classrooms, and strike the stage set. I'll stay for a while but I'll probably also play the 4-year-old card and get James home to bed.

I am still saving the rant. There have been more unfortunate negatives this year at VBS than usual, but the single constant has remained: the kids' faces. They are filled with joy and wonder every night and many of them are really learning something about God. That makes anything worth the trouble.

I should mention that Doug Baker is amazing. He writes all the scripts and is in charge of the whole auditorium production. He is an incredibly talented guy but I have come away this year more impressed than ever with his attitude. He has been a good listener, easy to work with (can't believe I just said that), and very very patient. I've really been humbled and taught by his spirit this year.

Now if he could only teach me how to post a picture on a blog.

1 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Doug is amazing. I always loved working with him, except when HE skipped out on clean up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters