Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Oh, hey. Hi. How's it going?

Summertime is all about establishing a new routine. The problem is that parts of it (like staying up too late) happen right away and other parts (like keeping up with the blog) take awhile. Add to that the family rigors of your wife being the Vacation Bible School director and you can see why this space has been for rent for awhile.

I'm still without a car. They have to replace the entire dashboard and it's taking awhile. A couple of people have been very gracious in letting me borrow their vehicles while they were out of town so it hasn't been TOO big an inconvenience.

I had fun on Monday buying new golf clubs on the insurance company's dime. Tuesday was fun too because I took them out and hit them for the first time...felt nice. I'm sure people are wondering if I spent waaaaaay more than my original clubs were worth and the truth is: Not really. The new set costs about the same as the old...there are fewer clubs though and they are NEW. That's nice.

"Blue Like Jazz" continues to be a great read. In the chapter I read today, he talked about how hard it us for some people (read: MOST people) to accept unconditional love. The desire to make our love an even trade is what keeps us feeling guilty for our wrongdoings. We want to give as good as we get and when we can't...and we NEVER can...we get down on ourselves. And that's when Satan starts whispering..."you never will be able to live up to that ideal...give up already." But when we finally get it, that God will love us no matter what, that we please him with our lives and our love even as flawed as they are, then we stop trying to do what's right because we are SUPPOSED to, and we start doing things for Him because we WANT to. Good good good good good stuff.

The routine is getting established. Promise.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True, true. I'm already out of my own routine and the kids have just been having half day's this week. I feel so disorganized and behind!

Thanks for your insights. You fueled my sermon thoughts for this week. Whew! I was getting worried.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters