Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Summer Reading

I have a mohawk right now.

Randy asked me recently what my summer reading list was like and I thought it would be fun to list the books in my stack. My stack, by the way, never goes down. I add books to it as quickly as they get read. Quicker even. And there is no particular order to it as I simply grab the one that looks best at the time. There are also usually two or more books being read at the same time. Anyway, here's the list:

"From the Dust Returned" Ray Bradbury
"Salem's Lot" Stephen King
"The Purpose Driven Church" Rick Warren
"Out of Sight" Elmore Leonard
"The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke" Duh.
"A Generous Orthodoxy" Brian McLaren
"Mere Discipleship" Lee Camp
The "Astro City" Graphic Novels Kurt Busiek
"Season Ticket" Roger Angell
"Shadow Puppets" Orson Scott Card (LOVE the Ender novels!)
"Black House" Stephen King and Peter Straub
"The Emerging Church" Dan Kimball
"The Gods Themselves" Isaac Asimov
"The Blank Slate" Steven Pinker
"Life of Pi" Yann Martel

Yeah, that might not get all done this summer. It'll be fun trying though. Please please PLEASE let me know of good books you have read. The stack can never be too tall.

What? Oh, the mohawk. Yeah, I got it last night for VBS. I'm playing a new recruit at Fort Uno so I got an army haircut with a raised "one" in it. We even frosted it florescent orange. Sweet. If there are any calculus type people still reading this, you can ALL STOP LAUGHING NOW! I look cool with a mohawk. You should, like, also know that my character is, like, a total surfer dude. So if my writing gets, like, totally righteous and wicked sick you'll know why.

Peace out.

5 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

I want a picture, Steve.

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I have pictures!

I'm married to a nerd. Love you, honey!

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen to the people! Listen to their cry for a picture!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

I was actually sad last night when during your skit, you were belittled and you felt like you weren't "special".

Bad memories...the big sister in me came out and I wanted to go beat somebody up!

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Brady said...

I'm looking. There's got to be a link to a picture somewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters