Saturday, June 25, 2005

Just A Few Things

I finished "Blue Like Jazz" yesterday. Run, don't walk, and buy a copy. Read it and be ready to want to read it again. Like immediately.

It's no accident, I'm sure, that I read it right after finishing Yancey's "The Jesus I Never Knew." Most books I find myself reading lately treat me to a side of Christ and Christianity that has been hidden from me. Strange that, because it's probably been hidden for no other reason than that I have been immersed in it. Anyway, I find myself coming face to face with who Jesus really was, what he really wanted for us. And more often than not, it's not anything I'm doing, at least not consistently. This is all roiling in my head (and since my reading list for the summer includes things like "A Generous Orthodoxy" and "Mere Discipleship" I'm sure it will continue to hit me squarely between the eyes) but I'm sure it will all come spilling out of me in the months to come.

The Angels just beat the Dodgers. Again. Woo hoo!

Lisa has been working her tail off on VBS all week and it will consume our lives again all of next week. I'm involved with it, so I dare not talk much about it now. I promise to publish a full disclaimer before I start my rant next Friday. You may wish to avert your eyes.

Tomorrow's class will be about King Asa. He served God faithfully for 32 years and, for no apparent reason, became self-consumed during his last four. We should have some good discussion about why people turn their backs on Christ late in life. Okay, not the cheeriest of all subject matters, but important.

Did I mention the Angels won again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters