Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hello?

Anybody still there?

I think that's probably the longest I've ever gone between blog posts. And truth to tell, I don't know if this blog is still a going concern or not. Summer vacation usually mellows out my desire to share...Facebook has done its part too. But the next several months are going to be interesting ones, so I'm going to at least try to document them a bit.

First though, a James story.

Weekend before last, I was heading out of town. It was Thursday and I wouldn't be coming back until Sunday evening. So I called my boy to me and gave him a big hug. Then I gave him another. And then another. While he laughed, I explained that I was hugging him for Friday, for Saturday, and for Sunday.

For the next ten minutes, as I walked around the house and tried to accomplish those last-minute tasks before leaving, he followed me everywhere, hugging me every time I came to a stand-still. Finally I said, "Okay, bud, that's enough. You've hugged me for every day I'm going to be gone."

"But, Daddy," he said, "I hug you more than once a day!"

Gotta love that kid.

7 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger twinmommy said...

Sounds like you're raising a wonderful boy there. We'll be waiting to hear what you have to say in these upcoming interesting months.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

That's a sweet boy you got there! Glad to see you in print. I miss you when you're gone. :)

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous jenny said...

Holy cow, that cracked me up! What a great kid. :)

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Brady said...

You deserve more than one hug a day, for sure.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I'm back Math Bro.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

With the infrequency of your blogging, the real question might be, "Is the therman8er still there?"

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous timeless said...

It's been too long now, Steve. Time to start blogging again, and getting out of the "ambient awareness" mode. The sharing of good ideas and thought requires more time than fb could ever offer, but it is well worth it. Your "prose" has value ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters