Thursday, March 20, 2008

7!

I don't blog much during vacation, but I have to brag on my boy a little today.

James is the most well-behaved, funniest, fastest, coolest, sweetest, kindest, best-looking boy in the entire world. Perhaps the universe.

There are no words to describe how much I love that kid. He makes me happy just looking at him. He cracks me up with very little effort. And he does all those things that I'm soaking up before the teenage years hit. He hugs. He wants to be around his parents. He tells us he loves us without wanting cash money.

Yesterday he rode his bike and didn't know I'd let go.

Today he bowled three games and even tried to practice a little lane etiquette, at least when he was thinking about it.

Tomorrow...who knows? Each day is a surprise and a joy and an adventure.

It wasn't that long ago that he was proving quite a challenge. He was testing boundaries, pushing to see if we pushed back. For now, he's figured a few things out and we're all just enjoying the ride.

I just can't tell you how proud I am of him. Happy Birthday to my beloved son, in whom I am extremely well pleased.

6 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

It seems only yesterday he was 48 hours old and noisily filled his diaper while Rick was holding him. (Ah, memories.)

You have a neat kid there, Thurman8er. What a blessing. Happy birthday, James!

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Happy Birthday, James! You make your dad very happy!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Joyeux Anniversaire, James (Jacques). All the best. And start pushing those bounderies again. Soon.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

I agree with whatever Brady said!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

How can your kid be all those things when MY KIDS hold the titles? Oh wait, mine are now teens and too often have their hands out for cash. Enjoy every single moment...you're going to blink and James will be taking your car keys. (Sigh.)

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Happy birthday James. Thanks for taking us on the ride with you and your son. There's nothing quite as loving and fun as a little boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters