Friday, May 04, 2007

Gettin' My Spidey On

Spider-Man 3 opens today, heralding the beginning of the 2007 Summer Movie Season. Sure, there's a lot to look forward to this year, especially if you loves you some sequels. Spidey, Shrek, Pirates, Potter...Ocean's 13...FF 2...Evan Almighty...Die Hard IV...Bourne Ultimatum. Even the "non-sequels" have well-known histories (a Simpsons movie??). Not much in the way of originality on the way.

Precious little next year too. And yet here I stand, on the precipice of my beloved Summer Movie Season, looking forward to 2008!

After all, that's when "Iron Man" hits the screens!


And he's not alone. If it's superheroes you like, then 2008 has far more to offer you than 2007. How about Wolverine on his own? (And dozens of Hugh Jackman lovin' women folk just swooned) Or Wonder Woman? Another try for the Hulk, starting from scratch, thank goodness? Or Christian Bale back as Batman? Yeah, not bad.

And it's not just about supertypes. There's also Steve Carrell as Maxwell Smart, Agent 86 of Control in "Get Smart." Or Daniel Craig's second go-around as Bond. Or yet another Potter movie, this time adapting a book I actually enjoyed.

But let's be honest. there are really only two reasons that I'm so much more eager for '08 movies than '07 movies.




And



What with "BSG" off the air until 2008 and only three more episodes of "Lost" until the same year, maybe I should just find me a nice hibernation chamber somewhere and rent this summer's movies when I get out. Just a thought.

5 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Do I need to worry about you? :)

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Brady said...

You are a film freakā€¦ A great way to prepare Sunday messagesā€¦

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I don't think I'm in your ("film freak") but I am also known at our church as the "movie guy."
I know my soon to be 17 year old son is looking forward to the new Harry Potter. He was reading HP last night when he and my wife picked me up at the airport.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

How about a review of Spidey?

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm I must say this was my favorite spiderman. I have now seen it twice once on friday and again yesterday!!! I am a huge fan of the villians though, sorry spiderman!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters