Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Return To Normality

Warren G. Harding ran for president on a platform of "A Return To Normalcy." Unfortunately, "normalcy" is not a word. In a perfect world, he would have lost for no other reason.



Still, I understand the sentiment. After the Ukraine auction, Spring Break, the African Children's Choir, and assorted and sundry other bits of busy-ness, we may be approaching normality around here. And, of course, by that I mean we will only be running around like crazy people 90% of the time. Hey, that 10% is important!


I'm pleased to report that I'm actually feeling better! The surgery is paying dividends. I sat in the torture...er...the dentist's chair this afternoon and breathed through my nose comfortably the entire time. You have no IDEA what a difference that makes. Some people have asked me if food is more enjoyable. Not really. But eating is. It's nice to be away from the old "chew...swallow...now breathe" routine. I have little headaches each morning and that's about it.


I didn't write much during Spring Break and haven't reported about the week off at all. Baseball season started. What do you THINK I did during vacation? For the record, I haven't missed an Angels game yet this year. In fact, thanks to MLB.TV I'm watching one while blogging. Life. Is. Good.


(Except that the Indians have runners at first and second with nobody out.)


Marjory and Travisan left this morning a little before 10:30. I thought they were leaving at 10:45 and set my plans accordingly. Fortunately I planned to get there early and I pulled up just as the bus was closing. They let me board for BIG hugs and then we waved as the choir left for Sacramento. It's amazing how much you can grow to love two little strangers in just a few days. I don't think I will ever forget their little voices, the wonderful playtime, the teasing and tickling, our prayers together, the sincere appreciation for food and bed. I know I'll never forget their beautiful faces.


Here's a question for pondering: Does God love Ugandans as much as He loves Americans? Discuss.


That is our sweet little Travisan on the left. You should see this kid perform!



Travisan is third from the right in the front row. Marjory is second from the left. That's my right and left. Not theirs.

The house will seem very quiet for a few days and then normality will hit again. We'll be back to the busy (which is true normal around here). But these faces will stick in our brains forever.

3 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I love house guests. Sounds like you had a great week. We have one more week of the High School baseball season left.

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those beautiful children...they GLOW like the sun!! God is shining through their faces.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

He may love them more than us. It certainly seems that way by the way we both behave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters