Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Waiting Room

I am preparing myself for a long wait on Saturday. The doctor wants to see me about my vision/headache problems. But I know that he is waaaay overbooked. So I'm finishing my book today just so that I can start a new one before that long wait. There's nothing worse than running out of book before they call your name.

I'm grateful that God can multitask. Can you imagine if we had to stand in line with our requests or to wait for His healing? "I'm sorry, I know your head hurts but I've got this leprosy case that just can't wait."

As many of you know already, the doctor said that Lex probably had a mild heart attack on Saturday. His blood pressure is very high and he spent yesterday waiting for it to come down enough so that they could give him a stress test. That involves many unpleasant things such as lying in a dark hospital room, all wired up, waiting to eat and wondering if you have been completely forgotten while the alarms hooked up to the old dude sharing your room go off every 15 minutes. Sandra had already gotten some rotten news from her doctor before Lex got his. I saw them yesterday and they looked great, but they always look great. They need prayer as God works His healing power on them, especially on Lex, and as they prepare for the life changes all of this will necessitate.

I'm feeling better. Yesterday was a very good day. Timeless assures me that the predisone is reducing the swelling that was causing a lot of the pain and probably the double vision. I'm getting very tired of sleeping on my back, all elevated and stuff, knowing that I'll have a doozy of a headache when I wake up. But a couple of hours into the day I'm back to feeling almost normal. I can't tell you how grateful I am to be remembered in prayer by so many. It is very humbling to think of your name passing through the lips of the faithful, carried by the Spirit to the very presence of the Creator of the universe. I can't overstate the importance of, the power of, or the joy of prayer. If you have to choose between or Lex and me right now, please choose Lex. But let's be honest...both names only have a single syllable...you could say them both without losing too much time.

3 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I did not know about Lex and Sandra. All 3 of you are in my prayers.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

You aren't one to deny me my blessing in praying for you. I continue to lift you (all) up in prayer.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

Always a privilege to lift friends up in prayer. Randy makes it even easier! I've not heard the "rotten" news about Sandra, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters