Monday, February 26, 2007

The Great Physician Strikes Again

On Friday, the pain in my head was bad. On Saturday, it was worse.

So we prayed. And prayed. And prayed. I have no idea how many times I talked to God on Saturday. A lot. And Saturday night, Lisa prayed aloud for me before we put James to bed. I prayed again that night when I laid down. And I know...I know...that many other people were praying for me too.

I slept about 12 hours that night and woke with a great deal of the pain gone. It's limited now to one side and is about a tenth of the level it was. I'm at work today and managing fine. The kids are awesome, as I knew they would be, and were very glad to see me. Now, as I see it, I have just two more hurdles.

First, my pain meds run out today, and while it's better, the pain isn't at a point where it's managable without medication. Second, I've woken up with double vision the last two days and that's a bit of a concern. So I'm calling the doc in about half an hour. I'm a little worried about what kind of help I'll get because, while my doctor is excellent at what he does and a very caring person, the front office is...er...difficult.

Time will tell and I'll be sure to report back. For now, I am amazed (not surprised, mind you, but amazed) at the healing I've experienced. Nobody simply improves that much that quickly without the Great Physician doing His thing. Prayer works. God loves. And I'm grateful.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Lord, thanks for Steve's health. Help him hang in there. And heal him, we pray…

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord...let this "double vision" not be something affecting the brain! Please,,,PLEASE...make his progress forward-going, and ease his pain! WE all need him healthy, Lord!!
(Maybe it's the meds?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters