Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Birthday Thoughts

It's my niece's birthday today.

I remember when she was born. I remember the first time I saw her. I remember the first time I took care of her. I remember the first time she cracked me up. I remember the first time she impressed me. I remember the first time I heard her talk. I remember the first time I heard her play the horn. I remember the first time I heard her sing.

On Sunday, I looked up on the stage during our morning worship and saw a beautiful young lady. I've thought this before, but wow was it true this day. I pity the dudes in Texas. I'm serious. I pity 'em. And when she broke out in song...in her song...I pitied 'em all the more.

She is going to do great things. Children flock to her. I see so much of Jesus in her when they surround her the way they do. She is bright and talented and beautiful. I know I mentioned that already but, hey, uncle's prerogative. Her mom and dad and brother have done a great job bringing her up. I hope I've helped.

Happy Birthday, Ash. I love you.

5 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

I agree with meowmix...
My children are beautiful and talented and Godly not because lex and I are such amazing parents, but because of the community of people they've had as examples throughout their lives. You are a precious Uncle (and Lisa is a wonderful aunt) and you both have helped mold them to the people they are.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Josh Stump said...

I love to see that kind of love, joy and pride in the children of brothers and sisters. I have never met your niece, who sounds wonderful, but enjoyed the post just for the expression.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Happy birthday from the right coast.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Brady said...

Is she back in Fresno again? You are so lucky.

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we look at the children it is hard to think of them as future leaders, but they are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters