Thursday, October 06, 2005

ZOE Break

Since so many people are at the ZOE Conference in Nashville, we will resume our regularly scheduled blogging on Monday. This way Cecil and Greg and Randy and Sandra and Brandon and Mike and just about every other blogger I know can enjoy their time uninterrupted.

One of the greatest things that Sandra has done is brought ZOE out west. We will have our west coast conference early in 2006 and it will be very similar to what is going on in Nashville this weekend. We are blessed to have brothers and sisters with amazing talents and the desire and courage to share them with us as well as with God. We are so grateful that they come all the way out here and we are always blessed by their visit. I truly believe that ZOE West Coast will be one of Sandra's greatest legacies.

As much as I would love to be there with everybody this weekend, I'd be even more grateful to see Lisa be able to go. We're not at a place where we can afford to send her, but I think she'd get as much out of it as anyone, and could bring home valuable ideas and share them from a unique perspective. Surely nobody in Fresno works as hard as she does for ZOE when they are here...I'm sure that Sandra and Eric and others would say the same. I'd love to be able to reward her some day with a trip to the Nashville ZOE Conference.

Lisa and I will be in San Luis Obispo this weekend, so it's a good time for a break anyway. She will be hosting a crop there and I will be enjoying the town. It's one of my favorite places. James will stay in Fresno and all the ladies will be cropping up a storm (that's scrapbooking to all of you who are Creative Memories impaired), so I will get to spend hours in the used bookstores, Boo Boo Records, and some of my other favorite places. I imagine I'll even take some of those books to the beach, since I'll be so close and all.

I will, of course, be back in the hotel (or the nearest sports bar) as soon as the Angels start playing. It was a great comeback against the Yankees last night. We are one of the few teams that can actually hit Randy Johnson so I'm holding out hopes that we can wrap the series up in New York. Tall order, I know, but my Angels have been known to surprise people. They play with heart and class and they never give up.

Prayers will go up all weekend for ZOE. I can't wait to hear all the stories. Back to blogging on Monday.

2 Comments:

At 2:49 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks for filling me in on CROPPING. I thought she'd gone farmer on you.

Our greatest legacy is our kids. Enjoy the weekend. jcccb

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I called that Red Sox series didn't I!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters