Tuesday, September 20, 2005

This & That

Last night was Back To School Night. I predicted 7 parents from my four Algebra I classes and 12 from my Calculus class. I had 14 from Algebra and 1 (one!) from Calculus. And the Calc parent came during the wrong session and I wasn't able to talk to him at all. So, for the record, that's 15 parents for about 175 kids. I will never understand why parents would not want to take an active interest in the education of their child. I pity James' teachers.

I had a student come late to 2nd period today for the 6th time. We have met 13 times so far. He is one of 11 who have a tardy problem in his class. 1st period has 15 students who have come late at least once. I would have gotten in such trouble.

The Angels have 4 more series to play, 13 games, until the season is over. The 1 1/2 game lead feels tenuous at best. I still hold out hope for a Cards/Angels Series.

I'm still tossing all of "Come To The Table" around in my head. The whole idea of how the church has turned the table into an altar seems so obvious and so wrong. And I'm at a loss to how to affect change in a sacrament held so dear by so many. This will probably be a long post some other time...for now I'm still just wrestling with what we've done to this great time of joy Jesus left us.

James almost took my head clean off with a whiffle ball a couple of nights ago. Either my reflexes are going to have to improve or very soon I will be walking around with whiffle marks on my forehead.

"Lost" won the Emmy. Any other "Lost" fans? I'm so pulled in by that show it's not even funny. What the heck IS down that hatch???

Yesterday was a 7 am to 7:30 pm day at work. I have long days all week and Lisa is working every night. Somewhere in there will be the sermon prep for Sunday. It's hard to prioritize when everything seems like it should be top priority.

Calculus tests to grade. Blog time is over.

4 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

I love your "this and that" blogs...it makes me feel better to know someone else's brain bounces around like a pin ball machine on full bonus round with 3 balls at once flying!

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'll attend back to school night tonight.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Brady said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Here goes: you are a bad person in Switzerland if you miss the parent - teacher meetings. I've known people to miss their own funerals to go to a teacher meeting.

I like J-M Hicks, and I like the book. But I think there is some altar in the table. And I don't think the table is the main thing, though it is one of the main things.

I heard the Padres lost 20 to 1. It's nice to play out west this year, but it ain't great being a fan.
bsgvtps

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters