Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Come Together

More and more of my blog titles seem to be song lyrics and/or titles. I got stuck in music mode I guess. As long as I'm stuck in that mode, I'll pass along one more musical tidbit. My dear, sweet, sainted mother is taking me to a concert for my birthday. Itzhak Perlman Plays Beethoven. If you don't know classical music, then you have no idea how amazing it is to have Perlman coming to Fresno. And if you don't know me, then you don't know how much I love Beethoven. If you DO know classical, then you'll appreciate the fact that one of the greatest violinists of our time is going to perform Beethoven's Violin Concerto (45 minutes of jaw-dropping sound) and participate in the Leonore Overture and the 8th Symphony. And if you DO know me, then you'll know that I can't wait. Green Day and Perlman in the same month...I'll bet there aren't many people who could (or would want to) say that!

This weekend I got to worship with some wonderful brothers and sisters that I am getting to know and love. There was a gathering of Baptists and Mennonites and Presbyterians and CofC types and others. We sang together, raised hands together, communed together, and collectively loved on our Lord. I'm telling you, it just doesn't get any better than that. In heaven, there aren't going to be any signs.

There are things we do in the CofC that I like. There are things from other denominations I long for...instrumental music and expanded roles for women spring quickly to mind. But in the end, it seems to be more about the people with whom you are worshiping. I LOVE the people at the College Church. And I LOVE the people who were together on Saturday. With the words of unity that Jesus prayed in the Garden always in the back of my mind, I can't help but think that our worship made him happy.

And isn't that what it's about?

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is exactly what it's all about!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters