Monday, May 16, 2005

Is It Summer Yet?

After a busy workweek last week, my weekend went something like this:

Drop James off Saturday morning at Aunt T's, go with Lisa to a church workday. Back home to change (and check on the Angels score) then over to her dad's to pick him up, back to Aunt T's to pick James up for a wedding. Wedding, dinner, a little boogie-time and then home around 9:45 to polish up (and by "polish up" I mean, "write") my sermon for the morning. Up early Sunday to get to church in time to go over the PP presentation with James the Amazing A/V Man. Then preach, go to class, out to lunch with Mom (Teryaki Don...mmmmm) and home to grab concert tickets. Then back out to pick up Ashley and go to the Philharmonic (Borodin, Stravinski, and Prokofiev with 3, count 'em, 3 big choirs on stage...amazing sound). Drop Ash off and then back home to collapse on the couch and await the sweet embrace of death or the Survivor Finale, whichever came first. Fortunately, it was Survivor and Tom, whom I wish to be when I grow up, won the million. Sweeeeeet.

Anyway, I'm beat.

A quick word about Tom, the Survivor guy. He played the whole game with honor, strength, brains and dignity. A first for that show. I really was impressed.

Three more weeks of school...finals, grades, graduation...mix in a little Star Wars and a couple of Angels/Dodgers games...and then summertime. Summertime, summertime, Sum Sum Summertime....

1 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't weekends fun? And Sunday, that day of rest?

I lost track of Survivor this year. A first. I can't really figure out why. I know I got really tired of all the in-fighting, back-biting early on in the show.

Always nice to hear when the good guy wins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters