Thursday, May 05, 2005

Catching Up

After more than a week of trying to get this blog back up, I may have figured it out. If you have NEVER posted a comment before because you have to go through the rigmaroll of creating your OWN blogsite first, do it today if you have the time. I'd like to know who's out there and whether this really is back up or not.

Here are a few happenings since my last post....

I saw the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. This is one of my favorite books (actually I like the radio show a LOT more) and I was really happy with the movie. There were a lot of things I would have done differently, but I'm deciding to focus on the positive here. After all, where else can you hear dialogue like this:

"Are you serious? Is the world about to end?"
"Yes, in about five minutes."
"Well, shouldn't we lie down or put a paper bag over our heads or something?"
"Yes, if you like."
"Will that help?"
"No."

That makes me very happy. But not as happy as hearing John Williams' music for Episode III. He pulled out all the stops for this one, writing new themes, using a lot of old ones in new variations...heck the Throne Room music plays not once but TWICE during the closing credits. I'm getting a tad giddy for May 19. Lisa and I have tickets for the 21st as well. We'll go see the Angels/Dodgers at 1:00 and then drive to Marina Del Rey and see Star Wars. Best. Day. Ever.

This week is the Pepperdine Lectureship and, as usual, I'm in Fresno. I've always been envious of my family being there, but this year it's worse than usual. See, I've gotten to know some of the wonderful ZOE folks a little bit and knowing that I am missing them...and Mike Cope...and Randy Wray...and others from places abroad...well, I'm jealous. Let's see, I retire in about 20 years....

More quick tidbits (are you actually still reading this? Sheesh.):

Bee led a beautiful prayer in Hmong on Sunday. In the silence that followed, James asked, at a normal 4-year-old volume, "Why was that man making those noises?" Oog.

Lisa and I got surprise tickets to see Maroon 5 last night. They rocked.

The Angels just finished a sweep of the Mariners. In first place and looking good.

I'm working on my lesson for May 15th. The topic they've given me is "God is a Consistent Source of Strength." Can I do it without a Star Wars reference mere days before Episode III comes out? I doubt it. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back.

Wednesday morning during the morning praise time with ZOE Greg Taylor stood before the crowded auditorium and "blessed" the congregants with these words:

"May the 4th be with you."

You would have loved it! Especially since that was also the day Sandra was honored by ZOE and Wineskins Magazine.

Here's a thought: Maybe you will have a groundhog day experience for your perfect day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters