Thursday, March 27, 2008

God in the 21st Century

Part 6 of Section K (Personal Profile Statement) from my seminary application asks me to "provide a brief description of [my] philosophy of Christian ministry and how it relates to God's mission in the 21st century."

One of the things I'm looking forward to about seminary is being challenged to think about my faith. I'm looking forward to answering questions I had never considered before, to articulating what I believe. In truth, it would probably be a good idea for all Christians to put these things into words.

I like the thought of God's mission in the 21st century. Has it changed? Is His mission any different today than it was in the first days of the church? In the first days of humanity? I know what I'm going to write. What would you say?

3 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Brady said...

Hasn't changed… Still wants to "redeem" the world (use a 21st century word) and unite all creation under Christ. In the meantime, he's working through Spirit to form a people zealous for good works.

I'm glad YOU get to answer those questions. I have trouble thinking outside the box.

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I'm with Brady. People haven't changed and neither has the mission - to bring the Good News of Jesus to a lost and dying World. What has changed is how we addressed our 21st Century World with this timeless mission and message.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Ditto Brady and Cecil. People haven't changed, and God hasn't either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters