Monday, November 05, 2007

Weekend Update

I appreciate all of the prayers and the concern this past week. The kidney stone has taken care of itself (all things must pass) and, while I have been bothered with some pesky headaches recently, they seem to be abating as well. I was at a retreat all weekend and missed church because of it. I was sorry to miss the new and improved "elder selection process," but I was so much more productive where I was.

The weekend was truly amazing. God's involvement was impossible to deny. I believe that lives were permanently changed as a result of the Spirit's work. I was blessed to be His instrument and to grow so much closer to some wonderful friends and brothers.

Have you considered today God's love for you...His infinite, overwhelming, indescribable love? No matter what you're going through, no matter how low the lows, He is there. He rejoices with your triumphs and aches for your hurts. He is there for you to turn to, to dump things on, to hold you up, to wrap you in His loving arms. He is there to laugh with you. He is there to weep with you. Have you allowed yourself to feel His love today?

5 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Mayor of Blakersfield said...

Well I glad your doing better, but you are probably still an Angels fan, so I will keep you in my prayer. :)

In my class on Sunday, we talked about how God is the God of the living and not the dead. When you think about it, God is always there for you. He was there before we were born, God is here for us now, and He will be there to meet us when we come home.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Steve - I needed that.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Glad you're better!

And thanks for a reminder of that most important constant in our lives. How easily I forget sometimes, and how sure is His love, anyway!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

I'm finding this to be more and more of reality in my life. Thanks for your thoughts, Steve.

Where is the elder process? Have you been selected or is the process still ongoing? I'm sure you'll let us know when there is a finality to it all.

From what I know about you, I think you'll make a good shepherd.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger preacherman said...

I have been praying for you brother. I am glad you are better. God bless you with countless messure of His grace in your life and ministry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters