Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Breaking the Rules

My self-enforced policy is that all Bible talk must precede all baseball talk. It's a matter of priorities. But I have to lead off today with this:

The Angels need another power hitter. And I mean right now!

Not to make excuses, but it's tough to play the best team in baseball when they have home field advantage in a short series with four (4!) of your best players hurt or sick. One more power hitter would not have made a difference in this series. But if the Angels want to change from a perennial division winner to a perennial World Series winner, they need to add one more guy.

I'm okay with A-Rod playing third for us. I really am. Note to Arte Moreno: It's okay with me.

In other, less depressing news, Sandra and Lex are home from the ZOE Conference and they got Brian McLaren to sign a copy of his new book for me. That rocks. I would love to hear McLaren speak someday. Sadly, he won't be making the trip to Fresno when ZOE comes in January. Maybe Lisa and I will be able to afford the trip to Nashville some year.

I'm teaching a class on kingdom language right now. That may inspire further posts, but what it does for me every day is remind me that I am subject to an all-powerful Lord who is Ruler of everything. He thought of it, He created it, He sustains it, He watches over it. And in all of His power and might and majesty, He still knows the number of hairs on my head. He cares when I hurt. He wants me to talk to Him. He is King indeed, but He is loving Father as well.

Sometimes it's nice to write the good stuff last.

4 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Mayor of Blakersfield said...

Not more Angels talk. Here, have some cheese to go with your "whine". Yes, that is an old joke.

Nashville is a nice city. Got several family members that live over there. It's a beautiful area.

Now to the good stuff. Amen, that was well said Steve. I suggest write more blogs about that and less about the Los Angeles Angels of Anahiem or whatever they call themselves now. Of course that is just a suggestion. :)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Meowmix said...

It's always good to be reminded that God sees and cares when we hurt (or when we are joyful), and that He wants us to talk to Him.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Brady said...

I'm reading a Kingdom book right now too. Excellent.

Maybe the Angels can get Bonds for about 15 million. They'd fill up the stadium…

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

I'm reading an excellent book on the kingdom ... This Beautiful Mess, by Rick McKinley. Would love to hear your lessons on this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters