Friday, August 03, 2007

Baby Delaney

Yow, that's a long time between posts!

I have to explain why this blog has been post-free for so long. Last Sunday I preached and taught Bible class. I also taught class Wednesday night. I'm doing the same thing this week: preach, teach, teach. The amount of study time necessary to pull that off is extensive. If you don't believe me, ask Lisa. Nearly every day she asks me what my plans are and I tell her the same thing almost every time.

What a joy it has been to spend such time in the Word. What a privilege to be blessed with the time off. And just think how much money I've saved on playing golf! It has been exhausting, to be sure, but I'm so much better off for it. It's certainly a pace I can't keep up, but it's brought me closer to my Lord and given me a glimpse of what it's like for the people who do it all the time. Just the preaching wears me out...preaching and teaching back to back makes me want to...well, it makes me want to take a nap.

Sunday will be my last preaching gig for a while and the teaching will only continue for another few weeks. But by then school will have started and I'll have a whole other reason to be tired.

In far more important news, I became an uncle again this week! Lisa's sister had her first child, a precious daughter that she named Delaney. Everybody is happy and healthy, but the poor little girl hasn't met her uncle yet, a situation we plan to rectify tomorrow. In the meantime, enjoy this picture of sweetness.




5 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Stoogelover said...

Since you are so shameless about using your blog to force others to look at baby pictures, be sure and check out my grandson on my blog!!!

She is pretty and they are all precious. Congrats!!! And, yes, she certainly needs to meet her uncle ASAP ... for your sake more than her's.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger cwinwc said...

What is up with all of the baby pictures? She is a cutey and it's good to see you back in blog land once again.

Any reason for the extended time off the Pulpit?

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Oh, so sweet. Please pass along my congratulations.

(People, you are killing me with the cuteness of these baby pictures!)

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Delany is beautiful!!

MISSED you...both in blog-land and at church...but then, you know why.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks for the pictures. I like preaching. Sometimes preparation gets long, trying to find what needs to be said and how to say it, but all in all, it is rewarding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters