Thursday, April 27, 2006

Movie Lines

Most of you did this yesterday, so today it's my turn.

GLADIATOR: "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

SPINAL TAP: "This one goes to 11."

RETURN OF THE KING: "Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you... but I can carry you."

CADDYSHACK: (Too many to count...but...if I have to pick...)
"Carl I want you to kill all the gophers on the golf course."
"Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and throw away the key."
"Not golfers, you great fool. Gophers. The little brown, furry rodents."
"We can do that. We don't even need a reason."

OFFICE SPACE: "I don't like my job, and I'm not gonna go anymore."

RAIDERS: "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

BROADCAST NEWS:
"It must be wonderful, being right all the time."
"No, it's awful!"

MONTY PYTHON and the MEANING of LIFE: "Ah, I see you've got the machine that goes 'BING!'"

AIRPLANE:
"What can you make out of this, Johnny?"
"Oh, I can make a hat...or a broach...or a pterodactyl..."

BULL DURHAM: "Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."

And that barely scratches the surface. Of course, some of you took mine yesterday. I've always been a big fan of "It's night and we're wearing sunglasses." And almost anything from Holy Grail. But this will do for today.

5 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Bull Durham: "Did you see that? That guy teed off on me like he KNEW it was going to be a fast ball!" "He did. I told him."

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Got to add my favorite line from “Stripes:”

Psycho – “Any of you call me “Francis,” I kill you. You touch my stuff, I kill you!”

Sgt. Haulka – “Lighten up Francis.”

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Some of my favorites are from movies that are banned in my houshold for 11 months a year (although if I had my way, they would be fair game in July) - Christmas movies!

A Christmas Story: "I-want-an-official-Red Rider-carbine-action-200-shot-range-model-air-rifle!" "Oh, no, Ralphie, you'll shoot your eyes out."
"It was…it was…soap poisoning!"
"I can’t put my arms down!"

It's a Wonderful Life: "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings."

How the Grinch Stole Christmas:
"...and the Grinch himself carved the roast beast."

Then there's this from A Mighty Wind: "There was abuse in my family. Mostly musical in nature."

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

Um, I meant "household." I may be a member of the grammar police, but I never claimed I could spel.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Absolutely great stuff. One thing I love about movie quotes is that when I hear the words, I'm watching the scene in my head. There's just no way I can think, "...like an orange on a toothpick..." without hearing Mike Myers' brogue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters