Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Geography

Geography was one of my worst subjects in school. I would always do as much rote memory work as I could and then promptly forget everything when the test was over. I knew all my state capitals...for about 3 days.

Lisa has a degree in the stuff. So, obviously I defer to her in all things geographical. When the Amazing Racers fly to Oman I just look over at her and she begins a description of where it is. Sadly, it's hard for her to find a frame of reference for me as all locations must be relative to California.

We are flying to Georgia next week, which I understand is east of here. Lisa has earned another incentive trip much like the one we enjoyed in Nashville a couple of years ago (which cost us a grand total of $40.00). We will leave Wednesday, the same day my Calculus students take their AP test and there is nothing more I can do for them. Prayers would be nice.

So, ask me anything about math. I'm your guy. But if you have a Geography question, ask Lisa. And if you want to know where Switzerland is, ask Brady. Not CNN.

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

You sure that isn't "Switzer-vokia?"

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Judy, we'll be in Savannah for 4-5 days. I understand I will need to bring my own Pepsi.

Greg, I have that problem when I'm trying to figure out which onramp to take for the freeway.

Cecil, I think it might be Czecherland.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Brady said...

That is an amazing picture. But give them credit. They DID spell Switzerland right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters