Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I Miss Baseball!!!

Sometimes the title says it all.

I don't watch sports other than baseball. I didn't even watch the Rose Bowl, although I'm sure it was a great game. I'll watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. I can't stand basketball, even though I can appreciate questions like this one I saw the other day: What's the difference between Wilt Chamberlain and the 2005 Portland Trailblazers? I'm sure the Winter Olympics will be on at our house. Lisa loves the Olympics. I can't get excited about the bobsled or curling.

I miss baseball.

The offseason is boring, boring, boring. This one has been more boring than most. The Angels have done nothing. The A's, Mariners, and Rangers have all gotten better. The Rangers have gotten a LOT better. I think they're the team to beat in the AL West right now. Meanwhile, the Angels have told everyone they need one more big bat...and traded for Edgardo Alfonso. Small bat. Very small bat.

The upside is that by the time the season starts, our house will be back to normal. The two month anniversary of the crash has come and gone and very little has been done. It's certainly an uncomfortable place to live. They are supposedly putting cabinets in right now, but I took a look at them last night and there is a lot of work to be done even on them. Doors that hang at 85 degrees, drawers that stick, that sort of thing. We'll see how it looks when they're in.

After that, we'll just need counters, an island, a new outlet, floor tile, counter tile, wood flooring, a shelf for the bay window and lots of paint. Should be ready by opening day.

COUNTERPOINT:

God is good. He says, "Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." There is a roof over our heads and Hall of Fame announcements in less than an hour. Everything will be fine.

3 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

If your son starts playing t-ball and then ultimately Little League, you will get your fill (and I say that as a positive) of baseball. I'm sure Fresno is like West Cocoa in that baseball activities take place almost year round.

My son's pitching lessons are paying off. All of his pitches had movement on them this past Saturday. Of course we're continuing the shots of ysrgngqt to boost his ysrgngqt levels.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Brady said...

Ahhhh, baseball. One of the things I miss too.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course when you said "Hall of Fame announcements" you were surprised to hear of the Hall of Fame announcement."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters