Friday, November 16, 2007

Lord of Quarks and Strings

This one's for David and Jim and all my other science buddies.

"We teach the Jesus who is the master of the created universe and of human history. He is the one in control of all the atoms, particles, quarks, strings, and so forth upon which the physical cosmos depends.

"Human beings have long aspired to control the ultimate foundations of ordinary reality. We have made a little progress, and there remains an unwavering sense that this is the direction of our destiny. That is the theological meaning of the scientific and technological enterprise. It has always presented itself as the instrument for solving human problems, though without its theological context it becomes idolatrous and goes mad."


(More from Dallas Willard's "The Divine Conspiracy." I know, I know, I've been reading this book forever. Leave me alone. I'm savoring it.)

1 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've gotta get that book! Your blog post title intrigued me! I like that word, "quark". It's a science thing, right?

Sounds like something from "Star Trek"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters