Saturday, August 18, 2007

Five out of Three

"Giving 110%" is a phrase that drives math teachers batty. So my blog title may require some explanation.

For the past four years, we have met for five days before the kids showed up for school. Five days of meetings and room prep and meetings and catching up with each other and meetings. This year, we squeezed that into three days. It was better. Incredibly busy. But waaaaaay better.

It was even harder to carve out enough time to be ready for Monday, but I am not nearly as loopy as I have been in previous years, wiped out before I ever saw a student. I have a lot of lesson planning to do next week, but the meetings (3 cheers) are over for now.

Ready or not, here they come.

4 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Brady said...

You'll be ready, but will they be ready for you?

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Wendy Power said...

My favorite part of the first week of school was taking all of my books home and making covers for them out of grocery bags. Maybe covering all of your teachers' editions with carefully folded grocery bags would help you.

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got tons of grocery bags if you need any, Steve. I've also got lots of colored marker pens if you want to decorate then with your favorite action heroes...got lots of different shades of GREEN!!

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I feel your "Pre-planning" pain my Math Brother. This year had a little more fun than usual as I hooked up my new ceiling mounted video projector to my new "dot-cam." The dot-cam came in handy when I cut my hand and was able to zoom in at 220X to check out the red blood cells and project them up on the big screen.

Perhaps I can do that with individual student tests of which some bleed almost as much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters