Thursday, October 20, 2005

This & That

They're dropping like flies. One of our CA's (Campus Assistants...security-type folk) was rushed to emergency yesterday with a possible stroke. Keep the Lopez family in your prayers.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and comments. I couldn't dream of doing anything BUT teach. There are rewards, sometimes it just takes longer to get to them than others. I'm finally seeing signs of improvement. Plus, I had a heart-to-heart with my principal yesterday and she assured me that she had my back regarding any moves I need to make. She's awesome and, as always, our meeting ended with a hug. This, uh, isn't your ordinary public school here. Most of us treat each other like family.

I officially couldn't care less who wins the World Series. It's been a long time since I said that. If the Sox win, it validates that the Angels lost to the best team. If the Astros win, it validates the careers of Bagwell and Biggio. I generally like the guys on the 'stros more than the Sox, so I guess I'm leaning that way. I'm a huge Clemens fan (although he's won his share already), a Pettitte fan as well (good Christian man, but also has his share of rings) and also like Oswalt, Berkman, and others. But overall, the Series rates a big "Eh."

Tonight my mother is treating me to an All-Beethoven concert. The Violin Concerto (one of the 3 or 4 greatest ever written) will be performed by...wait for it...Itzhak Perlman. And yes, I do still live in Fresno. If you're not a big enough fan of classical music to know who Perlman is, go do a quick Google and come back. He's the best. Period.

I'll blog about it eventually but probably not tomorrow. Cecil has given me permission to play golf and I'll be spending the day with my buddy, Kevin. But I'll check back in soon. I encourage you all to do the same: blow off Friday and start your weekend early. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the concert. Enjoy the day off.
I'm following your lead and going fishing tomorrow!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Hit em long and straight my Math Brother. I will also keep the Lopez Family in my prayers.
Unfortunately I will be working an extra long (8:15am to about 10pm) day today. This is how I make it out to Pepperdine. I’m helping set up for a dance (don’t tell the elders) as well as chaperoning it tonight at our school. I will probably end up with 6 hours of comp time tonight. That will take me to 19 hours of comp time. I’ll need 5 more hours to enjoy the fellowship of Greg and Randy at Pepperdine this year. This is another reason my Principal allows me to take off for a week for the road trip to Greg’s. Like you, our administration, faculty, and staff are more like a family than employees and employer.

Enjoy the links and the concert.
Wilma’s arrival is now anticipated for Monday or Tuesday.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Keith Davis said...

I am a Braves fan, so I guess I will root for the team that put them out so as to say, "Hey the Braves got beat by the best in the world."

I also like Biggio and Bagwell. They are good guys of the game and have waited a long time to get there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters