Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Clearing the Table

I have to start today by recognizing some of the recent new faces in the comment section. If "faliny" and "akshadylady" happen to drop by again, be extra nice to them. They both had to put up with a very young, very raw teacher who shouted too much and loved too little. They've stuck with me long enough to know that I have grown better with age...like a fine wine...so I'm grateful to them for that. And for keeping in touch. They are, for the record, now about the same age as my wife. Which makes me old. And a cradle-robber.

It's so nice when somebody drops by, or lets you know they've been keeping up. I forget about the ol' blog from time to time and occasionally somebody will say, "So how are things going with Crazy Dad?"...or..."Mustang, huh? Nice." Then I'll remember what I've written about recently and thank them. Then I'll walk off and think about how I really should be spending more time writing about deep, philosophical, theological concepts and less time writing about my headaches and my car. So, Marsha...and Jon...and Sue (who apparently is going to be paying for everybody's kids to go to Pepperdine), this paragraph is for you.

And so, in the spirit of writing about deep issues: Dave and Lori made it through another week! The Amazing Nerds bickered a bit for the first time last night. Lori got frustrated with a puzzle and they actually raised their voices! Dave was so distraught that he cried in front of Phil the Host. Phil the Host, in a surprising display of relationship counseling said, "Aw, give her a hug." And all was well in nerdland. 7 teams remain. Who will win "The Amazing Race"?!?

I leave you today with these words from Dorothy Sayers: "It is precisely because of the eternity outside time that everything in time becomes valuable and important and meaningful." Give yourself a compliment today. Try hard to see yourself as God sees you.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is too short, along with our days, not to start it out with a laugh, a giggle or even just a sly little smile!! I sooo enjoy the sense of humor I am coming to know you to have, by being a "fellow blogger" Save the serious stuff for now, sometimes the laughter is much more effective, and besides, the serious stuff makes my head hurt, laughter only makes my stomach hurt, but good stomach hurt!! Stay blessed and stay Steve!! Marsha R.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

I believe Greg is referring to "blog love."

How about an original (don't Google this Greg)quote of my own along Sayers (any relation to Gayle?) quote:

"It’s the infinite that gives the finite meaning.”

2 more days left in our Spring Break. Take care Math Bro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters