Friday, October 09, 2009

Ireland: Day 3-6

After I'm home and rested...which may take some time...I'll blog all the details I can remember about our trip to Dublin. It has been an incredible time, far exceeding our best expectations. The weather has been sunny and beautiful on the days we spent outside and windy and rainy on the days we planned indoor activities. God was smilin' down on us.

I seriously can't shake this accent.

For now, I'll just remind meself...er...myself to write about the Shelbourne Hotel, O'Donaghue's Pub, St. Stephen's Green, Trinity College and the Book of Kells, St. Patrick's Cathedral, the Celtic Whiskey Shop, Hodges/Figgis and Bestsellers book stores, Ballyknocken, Cork, Cobh, Blarney Castle, Foley's Pub, cemeteries and monuments, The Irish Writer's Museum, and shopping, shopping, shopping.

Not to mention whatever I'll remember later and whatever hasn't happened yet. This trip has been a well-timed gift. I'm grateful for the chance to be here and grateful for friends with which to share the stories.

The whole week has been mighty craic!

4 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger cwinwc said...

Sounds like your upcoming post might break a "Guinness" World record. :)

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

I had no idea that there was a connection between the book and the brewery. But there is.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Meowmix said...

Have you kissed the blarney stone yet? :)

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Brady said...

Happy birthday to you today!

Ireland is not all that far from our place...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Hit Counters